Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the good and the bad

Of course my mother called yesterday, while I was at work. Some drama about her surgery being canceled, and please call her when I'm calm and have time.... so last night wasn't the night to call her because I didn't have time. Personally I never put her surgery on my calendar anyway because I didn't think it would happen. Her medical appointments are drama after drama after drama. I do my best not to listen, not to get sucked in, because most of it is just bulls--- and lies. Or maybe false hopes? The toxin of an addict.

It's still hanging over my head that I need to call her back. I don't know if it will happen tonight.

I am grateful that I got to my union meeting today. It wasn't a great meeting or anything, but it felt good to be in a room with adults, talking, and having a conversation about things that matter to some people, even if I don't always agree. They are looking for volunteers to do service. When I heard this, a voice in my head said "Maybe", but I'm pretty sure our department is already over represented. I also thought "I'd rather be doing service in Al-Anon". I know there are hour long meetings on campus twice/week, but my lunch is only half-hour long. Not sure how I could make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment