Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mom update

I never updated. Life got in the way.

The helpful cousin managed to get mom into the new apartment. My mom has been paying her back a little at a time. I'm not sure what the cousin's expectations were but eventually she tired and realized she needed to live her own life.

The helpful cousin left Florida. The boyfriend has been less than helpful. We visited for a couple of days in the summer and stayed at a hotel some miles away. I took mom to Walmart and the grocery store and to Taco Bell and out for ice cream. We visited the beach and had lunch at a diner. We did things as mother, daughter, and granddaughter. My husband kept his distance recovering from our drive from Massachusetts to Florida in our hotel room.

Our visit was at the end of June. It was in January that the cousin was ready to move on. So now mom is in this place, health still bad of course, and not getting the assistance she needs. She's more or less alone. I think she even broke up with the boyfriend.

 She hates New England winters but she's starting the application process to move back up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment