Friday, October 30, 2009

the day before Halloween

Today I'm grateful that work is slow because I don't really feel like being here. A lot of people are out, and that's good too. Nice and quiet. Leaving me to work slowly and listen to all the little voices in my head.

I'm grateful that I decided to listen to myself and dye my hair for the day in the spirit of Halloween. Not everyone thinks it's cute or cool or whatever, but I don't care. I'm having fun with it. Some people aren't sure if I am trying a new look or if I did it for the holiday. I enjoyed going to the small social gathering this afternoon to see the coworkers who really did get into costume for the event. Bah Humbug! to all the others who missed the party.

I'm not so grateful that the Halloween card that my mother sent to my daughter had a message that said "I hope I get to see you on Halloween".... remember we have not seen my mother since my grandmother's funeral. I do not appreciate her playing that game with my 3 year old child. If she wants to play a guilt trip on me (and she did on the phone Wednesday night), that's one thing, but leave my child out of it. That's just wrong to use her that way.

I'm worried. I'm worried that my husband is going to be a "stick in the mud" and a "spoil sport" and not "get into the fun" this weekend. I have found a few fun things to do for Halloween and I'm hoping that we can enjoy them as a family. I'm worried that my husband won't. We went out for dinner last night, and he wasn't in the mood for that, and you could have cut the air at our table with a knife he was sulking so badly. He was angry that we went to a restaurant instead of going home.

Plans are finally confirmed that we'll be having dinner with my dad on Sunday night, Chinese food, we'll celebrate his birthday.

My mother-in-law's birthday is on Monday. It was DH's job to send the card, and I don't think he did. He told me not to put it on my list though. Let Go and Let HP I guess.

That's all I've got for now. Happy Halloween everybody! Cross your fingers for me in dealing with both my parents this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment