Monday, October 19, 2009

Top moments of my life

Syd posted a top 10. Good to be reminded of the highlights in life, isn't it? I'm going to do this kind of on the fly, and they probably won't be in order.

1. Marrying my husband, my true love
2. Bringing my daughter home was probably better than her birth.

3. The day I met my husband on the bus, sat with him on a bench for a few hours and told him my true feelings for him. My whole life changed that day.
4. Birth of my daughter. It was bitter-sweet since there were complications, but still happy.

Other great memories and times--
5. Seeing a play on stage, any play. I have a love for the theater that doesn't get to express itself much.
6. Live concerts. I'm trying to think of one that was better than others, but like theater, I love live music and rarely get to indulge in it. Open Mic nights can be great especially since the venues are small and intimate.
7. Swimming in a river, by myself, naked, in the warm afternoon sun.
8. Skinny-dipping at night.
9. Times spent with my grandparents as a child. I didn't realize it then, but those were special times.
10. Spending my 21st birthday with my dad.
11. Driving to Florida by myself. I was helping my mom to move, and in the process escaping from a very controlling boyfriend for a few days. I spent the trip listening to some great liberating music in the car, and really felt free for a while.

It's nice to think back on these happy times and have an attitude of gratitude on an otherwise chilly, boring, Monday at work. Thanks Syd for the motivation.

1 comment:

  1. Tari, you're welcome. I'm glad that you wrote about those special moments. It was hard for me to think of only 10 but I tried to pick the ones that really stand out as major events so far in my life. You have a great list here.

    ReplyDelete