Thursday, October 22, 2009

What to do? What to do?

Halloween is next week, and it's only a month until Thanksgiving. I'm dreading Thanksgiving this year worse than ever. I am so conflicted about my mother. Part of me says avoid her, she's trouble, and part of me feels like I should be the Good Daughter and take her out to eat. My husband won't let her have dinner at our house. He doesn't have to be nice about it. He just said our kitchen is too small, we're not hosting anyone. So.. do I invite her out with us? Or do we stay home, just us, and not see her or my dad?

My dad usually sees his mom first and then comes to see us, but he said he might not do that this year because it's too much trouble. So I'm guessing he'll make other plans. I am hoping to see him for his birthday between now and then though since it's only about 10 days away.

So I'm stuck. I'd hate for my mom to be alone and lonely on the holiday, but I don't want to spoil the holiday for my husband either. What to do? What to do? I'm hoping an answer will come to me soon.

2 comments:

  1. If it were my parents, I would have them eat with me. All too soon parents are gone and I would so gladly have any amount of time to spend with them again. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks. It's a time for family IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I might be able to get one or the other at the table with me, but not both since they don't speak to one another. My mom and my husband don't like each other though so it's very stressful. My mom is stressful anyway because she is so mean and hurtful to us whenever she sees us. She says she loves us, but then she acts like... I guess I'm supposed to chalk that up to the disease, but it's painful to be around which is why I haven't seen her since Sept. 11th.

    ReplyDelete