Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wandering today, and grateful for the memories

Scott said on his blog  (Attitude of Gratitude)  that he was grateful because "sometimes life is so different that I do not recognize it as mine."

I think about this often. Ten years ago I could never have imagined my life being what it is today. Even 8 years ago I never would have imagined my life this way, and it's good. In 2002 I made a huge change in my life. When my boyfriend and I had broken up AGAIN, I stopped, froze, and said "no more". He begged, he pleaded, I went out and wrecked my car and worse... it was the worst break-up of my life, but I stuck to it. Then I prayed, meditated, and dreamed out loud about what I wanted in life, and I gave it all up to my higher power, and maybe, just maybe someone listened.  Between April and July that year I ended a relationship, and a job, got arrested, dated a "rebound" guy, and then began the relationship that I knew would work. I changed my life with the help of my higher power.

I kick myself hard almost every day for getting arrested and for the difficulties I had in kicking that bad relationship out the door, but I also hug myself hard too for marrying the right man and getting my life on track.

"There but for the grace of God go I." I say this when I see someone who is homeless or having a hard time because I know that it could be me. I've been down before, and my life could be a lot worse if I hadn't turned things over to my higher power and gotten a lift up to where I am today.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Tari, I'm glad that you are on track. And a lot of my being where I am today is due to God's grace and plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go where I go by the grace of God.

    PG

    ReplyDelete