Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today's Attitude of Gratitude

Today I am grateful that although I am in extreme pain this week, the pain will eventually end. I am grateful to not have to live with constant pain, the way my husband does. I am grateful for the chance to gain perspective without having to live with it forever (I hope!).

I am also grateful that the tow truck I saw this morning was not for our car. I am grateful that the driver was fine, and apparently the damage to the car was minimum. I am grateful that my husband had patience, and did not drive across the lawn of the nearby home, as some other drivers were doing. I am grateful that we were able to show our daughter patience, and that it seemed to pay off. We were powerless and we knew it. We don't always have the opportunities to show her things like that.

I am grateful for a sunny day, even if I can't be outside. I think days like this improve everyone's moods, even as I sit her cringing with the pain.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone's mood here is changing too. Yesterday I noticed everyone seemed to be smiling..sort of. I am sorry you are in pain. I hope it quits soon..like yesterday! ☺

    ♥Namaste♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tari, I'm sorry about your pain. I hope that you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete