Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My health- update on checkup

I decided to just listen to the doctor and not make waves. I did ask her a couple of questions about my recent illness and she assured me that it happened very randomly. It wasn't a sign of age, stress, or poor diet. People of all ages get this illness, and unfortunately I can expect to continue to feel some pain for several months. If I'm not better by the end of May, then we can talk. The end of May seems pretty far away.

She ordered some lab tests, that I will probably get billed for thanks to the new health insurance deductibles that we have been hit with since February, but I didn't argue. I went back this morning after having fasted for my 12-14 hours, and did the blood test without complaining.

This afternoon my supervisor pointed out an error I'd made with some accounting work on Monday. It seems I mistook $8.47 and $8.97. I was unable to tell the 4 from a 9. Oops! My eyes are another issue. Not due to get those checked until June. I am considering a magnifying glass or something. I've already increased the font size on my home computers. Joy! I really am getting old, but I know I can't fight it. Just have to Let Go and Let HP and hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, getting old beats the heck out of the alternative! Have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I need my reading glasses more and more now. I am getting more professorial looking my wife says.

    ReplyDelete