Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Forgive my absence

Forgive my absence folks. My daughter has chicken pox. When we put her to bed last Wednesday night we noticed some dots but weren't sure what they were. We thought they were bug bites. When we picked her up from school on Thursday she had dots on her face and we took her to the doctor right away. The doctor couldn't confirm it because it was so mild, but we kept her home on Friday anyway. Over the weekend it became obvious to us that it is chicken pox. So my husband and I have been shuffling staying home with her and working, which means my blogging world is not at the top of my to-do pile, and I've gotten pretty far behind. The doctor said she can go back to school on Thursday, no April Fools joke, so hopefully after then I can start getting back on top of things. She's had the vaccination and really feels fine, but the "book" says she needs to be isolated for a week and that's what we're doing.

I wish I had a parent/grandparent who could watch her, but my father works full-time and my mother.. never! I would never let her babysit. Yet another way that alcohol takes it's toll on our family.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. Take care of your daughter. I remember when I was little I had the mumps and chicken pox back to back. Didn't think I'd ever have to go to school again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that she feels better and things get back in the groove for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete