Tuesday, March 23, 2010

back from our trip

The trip went as well as it could. No one likes being stuck in traffic when you are only a few miles from where you are going, and you've been stuck in the car for 2 hours. And a preschooler isn't going to nap, and is going to be cranky in the afternoons, and dinner is going to be a challenge. We knew that going into this, so it was no surprise to have those moments.
I enjoyed the hotel pool and the wireless internet and the hotel breakfasts. We were blessed with great weather, and got to the zoo before it got TOO crowded. We did miss connections with a friend of mine, but it was more her loss than ours. I knew my daughter wouldn't be much of a playmate under these conditions so I think it was for the best.
The trip home went better since we broke it up a bit and everyone had their happy memories to keep them company for the ride. I was surprised that we were all back to our usual stations- work and school- on Monday morning.

This afternoon I am going to see my regular doctor for a check-up. I have not been able to see her while I've been ill during the last few weeks so this will be her first look at me in quite some time. I am recovering from my illness, but it is still visible on my body. I am still taking some pain medication, although not as much as before. Depending on how rushed she is, it could be an interesting visit, or not. I've been trying to put together a list for her, but mostly I'm hoping that she will do the talking and ask the questions. I feel like everything I could say has been said before.

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to introduce myself. Looking forward to following your blog in the days ahead. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you will feel better. Glad that the trip went well.

    ReplyDelete