Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting what we need when we need it

As I was saying yesterday I almost went to a meeting, but decided what I really needed to do was put my directions elsewhere. Today I saw that I had a comment from Garnet, and that led me to discover Garnet and read the profile- a doctor with some years of Alanon experience. It is interesting to read Garnet's blog and see the Alanon life applied to non-alcoholics. This happens to be where I am at now. I am not sure if I need to detach from my husband (with love) or not. I'm not sure if I should be treating him the way I treat an alcoholic. I'm very conflicted about this. However seeing Garnet's blog definitely made me feel less alone, and more grateful. Sometimes Alanon gives us exactly what we need. Thank you.

Link to Garnet's blog--   http://wisdomdifference.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Tari! Nice to know we are all here for each other here in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes Al-Anon gives us exactly what we need." How true. Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dearly love Al-Anon. It is saving my sanity daily.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alanon helps with me EVERYONE since I'm the crazy person common denominator!

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I can practice these principles in all my affairs which extends beyond those in the program. It is truly a program for living.

    ReplyDelete