Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!

Somehow I thought I'd already posted this week, but now I see I haven't. I'm still behind on things since Christmas. I'm behind on bills, thank you notes, and cleaning. I have piles of things to do but feel like I have no time to do them. It's pretty frustrating. I have time to sit at a computer and play games, but I can't get a chance to put a pen in my hand, or read a book. At night I hold my daughter while she sleeps because she always wants me to hold her tight. This means that the arm that I would write with is occupied, and while I can operate the mouse of my laptop or netbook next to my bed, I can't turn pages or write a check. I love my daughter though, and if this is what it takes for her to not have a nightmare, then that's what I do. I know I need to make more time for me though. The bills won't wait forever.

I am in a new workspace this week. There is more traffic by my desk, much less privacy, and definitely more noise. I am wearing headphones with music on to try to drown it out, but it doesn't work. I just end up feeling tired and frustrated at the end of the day. Today one of the drawers on my new desk was stuck and it took 6 of us to get it open.. the hero? My husband who came to my rescue. Sad that it had to be that way. I've got a nice view of a courtyard, and a garden (winter), but it's a different culture here and I'm still getting used to it.

My mother called me right after Christmas to complain and bitch, but I dodged and by the time I actually talked to her she seemed to be over it. Score one for not reacting every time she cries wolf.

The weekend will be busy, car repairs, a child's birthday party, time with the kid on Saturday night. Grocery shopping on Sunday I imagine. Anyway, just checking in again. I wish I had more time to read and write.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just don't have the time. Easy does it, I remind myself. We're all children of god here, doing our best. It sounds like you're going through similar times.

    ReplyDelete