Friday, January 22, 2010

Been sick this week

I've been sick this week. The kid had a little cold last weekend, and it got worse instead of better as the days went on. By Sunday night we were both coughing. On Monday morning, a holiday, I dropped my husband off at work and took my daughter and I into the walk-in clinic. I signed us both up to be seen because I thought that would be easiest. She was actually asking to see the doctor, but she was hoping to see her regular doctor not just the one on-call. Anyway, I don't have strep, and we just have colds. I was getting worse as the week went on, but I think I've finally hit a turning point and am getting better. At least I hope so. We both stayed home on Tuesday, and my husband went off to work. He came home a little early and I got to leave the house to vote and check email. On Wednesday I forced my daughter to go back to school (after checking with the teachers), and I went back to work. I've had hardly any voice for a few days, but it's coming back. She is still coughing, but she's got plenty of energy so I'm pretty sure she is doing better than I am. Hopefully my husband won't get it as bad as he hasn't been around as much. He even went into work overnight Sunday night and dodged us for most of that time too. So I'm hopeful that he stayed busy enough to be safe from it.

Anyway, another weekend coming, and I'm still not 100%, but we've got things to do so I'm trying to pull it together, and trying to pull it together at work too. One Day At a Time.

1 comment:

  1. Stay warm and have a healing weekend..all of you.

    namaste

    ReplyDelete