Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Things First

I just looked into 3 of my books for some inspiration, some great quote that would help me express what I want to say here. Of course I couldn't find anything. Putting "First Things First" is on a basic level it means putting your Higher Power above all else, but on a more constructive level it means getting organized and prioritizing my life. At 3pm I was handed a stack of work to do, and I was already in the middle of 2 other projects. I felt overwhelmed for a few minutes. Then I took a deep breath, and set it aside. It will be there tomorrow. First I need to do the things I've already started. This is not easy for me. There was a time when I would rush through everything so that my desk would be empty by 5pm. "First Things First" also means I take time for me, to write this blog for example, so that I can breathe and not feel like someone is stepping on my chest. It means that I put myself first because no one else is going to do it. Once I've done that, I can move on, and get things done more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment