Wednesday, September 23, 2009

From "Hope for Today"

Today's reading in "Hope for Today" talks about the Al-Anon slogan of "How important is it?" The writer talks about growing up with an alcoholic mother and striving for perfection. I can completely relate to the piece. If I were to pour orange juice into my coffee, I would not laugh it off. I would wonder if I had Alzheimers' Disease or something. I am constantly apologizing for things that are not my fault. Or I used to anyway. I've gotten a lot better about the apologizing part.

Today I wasn't sure if I was going to have time to do my blog entries, and I was kind of upset about it. Even though I'm not even sure if anyone even reads this blog, except maybe Arlene when she's not too busy, I was still mad at myself. I had made a pledge to myself to blog 5 days/week, and I didn't want to break that for no good reason. Grandma dieing was a good reason, but today would have just been because I didn't feel like it, and that wasn't good enough.

How is important is it though? Hmm....

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I'm reading. I've wondered about my brain cells packing their bags and moving away for at least the last 15 years or so - dating back to when I moved my mom nearer to my home because of her severely declined competence. I can't remember exactly when that was, don't want to check, and think that this kind of forgetfulness is a life-long thing with me and not a sign that I'm really really losing my mind.

    ReplyDelete