Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just stuff...

So we made it through the weekend without any major dramas or trips to the E.R. or anything. I am very grateful for that.

We are possibly planning a long weekend in March. I say "possibly" because we're still looking at hotel rates and seeing if my husband can get the time off. He reminded me that it will be fun as long as we KEEP IT SIMPLE! No big itineraries or anything. That KISS slogan will really have to be my mantra for the trip if it happens.

Syd posted something a couple of days ago about something that Enchanted Oak posted. I think I'm too late for this now, but I'll do it anyway. The instructions are to write something simple that you enjoy I think, and of course include a link to Enchanted Oak.

SO here goes--
Simple things- snuggling with my daughter at bedtime, holding her in my lap to read a story every morning, and a good cup of coffee anytime. I also enjoy holding my husband's hand while one of us drives. Those are some simple things I enjoy. Somewhere I have a beautiful poem that I wrote many years ago about the simple things I love. The poem begins "Sunrise, Sunset, the raccoon who ate the cheese..." and goes from there, but I can't recite it anymore. I used to be able to do it, but it's been too many years.

As to the links, many thanks to Syd and Chris--
http://fine-anon.blogspot.com/2010/02/simple-things-today.html
http://chrisalba-enchantedoak.blogspot.com/

And there ya go... that's all I've got for today.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear the rest of your poem!!! I like your simple things...they are the best part of life.

    Enjoy your day..

    namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tari, thanks for posting these. Great simple things. Hope that you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I didn't send the link to Enchanted Oak because I figured it was too late for the Haiti thing.

    Kim- I'd have to dig quite a bit. I think that notebook has been buried in the closet for a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete