Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feeling better

I posted my last post yesterday during my lunch break at work. As the afternoon progressed I eventually was able to "Let Go and Let God". Indeed the opinions of others are not what matters. It is myself that matters, and I cannot let hurtful words from online friends control me. By the end of the day I had let it go and it wasn't bothering me anymore. Today I feel at peace. I know that I can choose when to listen, and when to walk away. I always have that choice. I am reminding myself of choices now today too.

My husband is tired today. He had a business meeting last night and had to go into work early this morning. However the business meeting was his choice. If he is tired today it is because of the choices he made, and he knows that. I am doing well today to mind my own business and not try to "fix" things for him. That's not easy for me, but I'm doing it one minute, one hour, one step at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I read yesterday that Detach means Don't Even Think About Changing Him/Her. I liked that! Yep, one moment at a time....me too!

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Kim. I don't respond each time you leave them, but I just wanted you to know that I am reading them and appreciate knowing you are reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard not to let the opinions of others influence me. But I have choices and can make the right ones based on what my head and heart tell me is right.

    ReplyDelete