Tuesday, September 7, 2010

for Teresa- my nightmare

I just read Teresa's blog here.  It brought back instant memories and nightmares. Recurring nightmares that I still have. In addition to the normal nightmares about being back in high school or back at an old job, I have nightmares about finding my way home. Often there are cats that need to fed. Sometimes in the nightmares I have been away for months or years. Sometimes I am living with my mother and my brother, and sometimes my daughter is part of the dream as well. It changes from time to time, but theme is the same. I'm lost and I'm trying to find where I belong. Doesn't take an expert to figure this stuff out for me. I'm hoping some day the nightmares go away, but for now I'm stuck with them, and the lack of sleep that goes with them.

1 comment:

  1. I have nightmares sometimes too. Generally they are ones of overachieving and stress, where I never showed up for a higher level math course but signed up for it. And I won't be able to graduate.
    In other nightmares, all the dead relatives are present. I would rather just have puppy dogs and sheep in meadows.

    ReplyDelete