Monday, August 30, 2010

Gratitude

I saw a man in the office supply store yesterday. He had 2 kids with him, one in the cart seat and the other one walking beside him. Probably both under the age of 5. A dad out on a Sunday with his kids, maybe buying back-to-school stuff, not sure.

Then I saw the man's leg. It was metal.

I'm not sure what his story is and it's none of my business. It's a reminder though. Life could be worse for me.

When I am soaking in the self-pity I need to remind myself, and I need to be grateful that whatever his story is, it isn't mine. Attitude of Gratitude, one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I need all the reminders I can get that God's grace follows me wherever I go, and all He asks is a thankful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am reminded too that I have a good life. And I'm filled with lots of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete