Friday, July 30, 2010

Depressed again

Swimming in the Mekong in Cambodia.Image via Wikipedia
I can't explain it. I've been depressed this week. Today I had that old thought in my head, the one I have to bury every so often that says "Just shoot me already". Not healthy thinking. A couple of nights ago I felt like running to my room, diving under the blankets and hiding from the world. My daughter pulled me out after about 30 seconds. She thought I was playing "hide and seek", and we were supposed to be getting ready for swimming.




There was a whole paragraph here but somehow I wiped it out. I love the weather of summer, but my work is incredibly slow and although I have work to do it is not the work I enjoy doing.








I'm obsessing about things that I don't need to obsess about simply because I've got 8 hours of boredom on my hands every day. Boredom that will go away hopefully in a few weeks when the fall semester draws nearer. Hopefully. It's not a good time to be in my line of work right now, but I'm trying to hang in there. We don't have disability insurance and I'm not sure I want to put my resume together and try to find something else. I'm a long, long way from retirement so I know I need to suck this up and hang in there. Meanwhile I'm tired, depressed, and feeling stuck.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today Tari. I can relate to a lot of you are saying. I will be wishing for this boredom in few weeks. Not so much boredom with me as I just screw off a lot! LOL! Hope this comment finds you feeling better and enjoying the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that this feeling will pass. There is still a lot to be thankful for if I consider even the simplest of things.

    ReplyDelete