Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inspiration

I am looking for inspiration today. I want to write, and I want to post, but I'm not sure what about. I wish I had some magic song lyrics or a poem to quote. Where does one find song lyrics about Al-Anon anyway? So many songs about drinking and boozing, but what about about recovery? Where do I find music like that? I guess I should Google these questions, huh? Maybe I'll come up with something.

The kid slept in her own room last night, the first time in a while. I cleaned it first and made it welcoming, and then hung out for an hour after she fell asleep just to be sure she wouldn't wake from the washing machine. Then I went to my own room, surfed the web a bit, and finally fell asleep. At 4am she called for my husband. I woke him, and then went back to sleep. I like nights like that!  :-)

My dad has had a rough week so far I think, but I am hearing about it from his girlfriend. He is being quiet and private like usual, not wishing to share much with me. I am trying to respect that, and am meditating about him in peace.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I get a lot of inspiration from reading Courage to Change, Hope for Today and One Day at a Time--the Al-Anon daily readers. Also there is the Hazelden thoughts of the day which is all about recovery. Check it out at http://www.hazelden.org/web/public/thought.view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Syd! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have the books that you mentioned and I do use those, I was just looking for something else. I will definitely check out the Hazelden website. I have some of the books they sell as well, but I hadn't seen their website recently.

    ReplyDelete