Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fake it until you make it

Well whether the kid was sick from the antibiotics or whether she had a stomach bug is now a mystery that will never be solved. On Friday I joined her at preschool to watch the older kids graduate. Friday evening was a normal one, and on Saturday morning I woke up with a stomach bug and was completely useless all weekend. So much for Father's Day! Plans were canceled, the husband was annoyed and forced into single parent mode, as I was powerless to do much of anything. On Monday I stayed home, and finally began to feel some recovery.
Today is Tuesday, and I almost stayed home and then decided to "Fake it until I make it". I'm hoping by lunchtime I'll actually be feeling better. The change in my attitude immediately affected my daughter who started behaving better and more cooperatively once she saw that I wasn't staying home. Hopefully this pays off, and I don't end up in the doctor's office later on for over doing things.

Fake it until you make it. Sometimes that's what you have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's the only choice. Glad that she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete