Wednesday, May 26, 2010

REAL motivation

This morning I dutifully brought my daughter to school and myself to work. Then I saw the weather forecast for the day and thought "maybe we should have just played hookey for the day. It's too hot for her to be at school with no air conditioning..."

but really, really... I don't want to be at work. That's the truth. There is a remodeling project happening near me, and the construction work has been going on all week. It is really noisy, lots and lots of banging and banging and banging. Really I don't want to be here. And really if I escape, it will probably be the same thing tomorrow so then what? I can't take the whole week off.

So the kid is going to be stuck at school, like always, and I am going to go for a walk at lunch, maybe treat myself with something from the cafeteria instead of eating what I brought with me. Because when I'm honest with myself I realize it has nothing to do with worrying about the kid and the heat (although I do worry). It's just about me and self-pity and that's no good.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know I am starting a new Blog Carnival, which may be right up your alley.

    In case you haven't been to one before, a Blog Carnival is a compilation of links to posts about a specific topic. I've participated in several blog carnivals and enjoyed reading others. It's a great way to find new blogs about a subject one is interested in and to get your own posts read by more people.

    As I was looking through the Blog Carnival list, this morning, of the hundreds of Blog Carnivals listed, I didn't find one related to twelve step recovery!

    So, I decided to create one.

    I set up a separate blog, Stepper's Wisdom, to be the home for this new Blog Carnival. I would love to have you submit some posts from your blog for the first edition, which will come out August 15th. You can find a submission link at my blog.

    I'm planning to have new editions every few months.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this. I am so tired tonight. Tomorrow is my last official day at work. I will be retired but will be going back in to work on some books. But right now I am tired.

    ReplyDelete