Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More sad news

My dad was on Google chat today. I asked about my paternal grandmother. He said she is going to get the Gold Cane in a few days for being the oldest resident in town, but she doesn't really want it. She's still upset about losing her sister (understandably). He also said he doesn't expect her to see green grass again, meaning she'll be gone by her next birthday in March. I'm not sure if I'll visit her tomorrow or not. My visits do little to comfort her. I am probably going to try to write her a short note though and let her know I'm thinking of her.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is Veterans Day. My dad is a Vet, and there are thousands of vets out there. I may not "celebrate" but I'll be thinking of them in my heart. My daughter has the day off from school so I'll be doing something with her, raking leaves, visiting friends, playing at the park, not sure what... but my thoughts are with all those families with a family member in the service and with all those families who have a vet at home too.

In honor of... In memory of..... my heart goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment