Friday, July 20, 2012

and we go forth into the world

I gave blood today and ran into someone who I used to know at Al-Anon meetings. He was in my "home group". I don't go there anymore as I have moved, changed jobs, and changed relationships. I used to work near his house too doing human service work in a home. I would see his wife out walking and I probably got to know her better than I knew him. She went to meetings too, sometimes more than he did. The A in their lives was his first wife, mother of his child(ren?).

So I saw him today while we were both giving blood. We were both top of the line. He was #2 and I was #4. He remembered that he knew me, but he didn't remember my name or remember why he knew me. When he asked how we knew each other I said that it wasn't from work it was from town. I led him to believe it was from his neighborhood. I didn't mention the meetings in the church basement. I didn't ask about his ex-wife. He didn't mention her. It was a long time ago anyway, and there is that word "anonymous" too. We were acquaintances once, and I really liked his current wife. I asked about her and was pleased to hear how well she's done for herself. Then when we were done and my recovery time was up I walked away. Not sure if I'll ever see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment