Tuesday, April 7, 2015

First Things First

First Things First:
The slogan, “First Things First” helps us to set reasonable priorities and to
keep a realistic perspective. This slogan helps us to make choices we are
comfortable with, and to act with balance rather than react to crises.

http://www.afgdistrict5.org/slogans.pdf

I thought of this slogan as I emerged from the parking garage this morning on my way to my work desk. I have a list in my pocket this week of all the things I need to do. I don't always have a list like this but between planning my daughter's birthday, my mom being in the hospital, trying to hold down a job, and everything else going on I found it helpful to make one. Unfortunately things keep getting added to the list, and other things don't always go as planned.

Last night I had planned on working on taxes. Instead I spent the time on the phone with my mother, relatives, her neighbor, and others in her network trying to coordinate care and a flow of information.

Now today I am back at work and the to-do lists have grown. I need to prioritize because I cannot do it all now. So First Things First.

No comments:

Post a Comment