Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sorry I've been MIA

Sorry about being MIA. I hadn't realized that it was so long ago since I last posted.
We were busy last weekend visiting my dad and his friend and then we went apple picking. I was trying to get to a lunchtime Al-Anon meeting this week, but it didn't happen. I did spend some time talking to another friend about "crazy mothers" and that helped lift the weights from my shoulders a little. A lot of us grew up with crazy mothers. My dad does a better job than I do of taking it in stride, maybe because his mother's craziness wasn't directed at him. I don't know. I did finally manage to get Thanksgiving plans worked out so that I can see both my parents on the same day so that's good. I started gearing my daughter up for it today. I'll work on it a little at a time for the next week I think. Anyway, it's a relief to have the holiday figured out. Last night I put some holiday music on for a little while, and listened to an Elvis Christmas song. That put me in a great mood too. I meant to comment on Scott's blog, and I meant to comment on Syd's blog within the last week, but somehow I never got around to it. I've been reading, I've just been quiet. A lot of times I like quiet. Quiet is good and peaceful. This morning my daughter and I turned off the tv for a little while and just talked. It was nice. So that's where I'm at today- trying to find some inner peace, hush the noise and the chaos, and just be still. Maybe if I listen long enough I'll hear something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment